Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Tibia Tubercle Transfer-Complications  (Read 841 times)

Offline Michele

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Tibia Tubercle Transfer-Complications
« on: February 17, 2004, 04:28:03 AM »
I was wondering if someone could give me some information. I had a tibia tubercle transfer about a year ago--I am still unsure of it's success. The transfer was my second knee surgery on my left knee. I had hardware removed in July, and in April I am having scar tissue removed from my FIRST operation which went horrible wrong.
I don't know anything about scar tissue removal, and I am a bit nervous. Also, one doctor told me that I might have neuroma which could attribute for my constant pain. After the removal of scar tissue, what is left to do to figure out where the pain is?
Please help...I am 30 years old, in dehabilitating pain every single day, and only want help and answers.

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
Re: Tibia Tubercle Transfer-Complications
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 04:39:57 AM »
Michele,

It is tough to decide if scar tissue is what's causing your pain or not.  In my case, it was.  Then I had it removed several times--successful only the last time.  And my pain is worse than ever.  That's because the scar tissue left behind mechanical changes in my knee that have proven to be worse than my original problem.  Right now I have patella baja, infrapatellar contracture syndrome, and osteoarthritis (Grade II) of the patella.  All this is due to the scar tissue.

This is such a complex topic and many people have already posted at length recently in the soft tissue healing problems section (one down from where you are right now).  I would recommend that you read through all the most recent threads in that section because it will help give you a good background in arthrofibrosis (scar tissue) and what it can do.

It would seem that the first thing to do would be to determine whether your pain is neurological (i.e. RSD, neuroma, nerve damage) or mechanical in origin (i.e. osteoarthritis, chondromalacia, patella baja, lateral facet syndrome, etc.).  Often this can only be determined if a really good doctor has a look inside the knee.  In my case, we've ruled out neurological issues and are left with mechanics.

Anyway, have a look down below and then post any questions you might have.  There's lots of info and support here.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

support