Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Need Advice for Knee Subluxation....2 Surgeries in, still painful  (Read 946 times)

Offline kneedit

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Need Advice for Knee Subluxation....2 Surgeries in, still painful
« on: September 18, 2015, 07:18:00 AM »
Hi guys...i could really use some advice...
During May 2014 i had a knee subluxation medially during wrestling.
My first surgery on June 2014 was to remove floating cartilage and smooth out cartilage that was caused by the subluxation. There was still pain around my knee so 1 month ago I had another surgery with another orthopedic to smooth out cartilage behind my kneecap.

I'm 1 month post op and my knee hurts just as much now.  My doctor estimated a 4 week recovery but my knee is in so much pain especially on the bottom part of my patella tendon, right when i put just enough weight on it there is a  sharp pain on the patella tendon....I think it's a tracking problem. It's pretty unbearable so i walk stiff legged. The fact is I havn't even walked properly for the past 1.5 years and my other knee is starting to develop tendinitis so i need advice...

Online Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 402
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Need Advice for Knee Subluxation....2 Surgeries in, still painful
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 09:05:26 AM »
Sounds like you should find a good sports physio experienced in knee issues who is prepared to go back to basics and work with you from scratch, tracking issues can often be addressed through the right targeted physio. Glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves. Don't expect it to be a speedy process however

Taping might also provide some relief.

And PRP injections might help to settle down the tendonitis
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up