Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Outside right knee pain  (Read 590 times)

Offline Atma84

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Outside right knee pain
« on: July 01, 2015, 06:25:11 PM »
Greetings all and thank you for taking the time to read this.

For starters, I have a medical appointment to have my knee looked at professionally on July 6th, but I'm more curious about the opinions of others who see and talk about knee issues.

I'm a 28 year old male who lives an active lifestyle and is currently in the Military. I'm not a huge runner, but I do cycle for my cardio quite a bit (on a stationary bike).

The outside of my right knee will become sore by the end of the day after normal activity, if I exercise that day it's usually worse. It's normally just a dull ache but enough to get my attention. I have no swelling or tenderness to the touch.

If I do a full range motion on my knee and place my fingers in the area the soreness is felt, I can feel a "click." Also standing at attention in formation (again I'm military) my knee will start to get sore as well. The biggest indication to me that something is wrong is that if I sit in a crouched position (think like a catcher at a baseball game) for a while then stand up, the knee will significantly hurt if I put any weight on it and feels like it can't support my weight. After I hobble around for a little bit, the pain will go away and I can reapply weight to it again.

What would be some possible injuries associated with this? Also, do you think it will require surgery? Again, I am being seen by a Doctor here shortly and understand anything on here should not be accepted as professional advice without being seen.

Thank you again for your time.

Offline Codywaters

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Outside right knee pain
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 09:17:10 PM »
I'm not a professional or anything but as a distance  runner I have had my issues with knee injuries. By the symptoms who've been having I'd guess that it is either inflammation of your illiotibial band or a strain of your LCL. It's never a bad idea to have a doctor or physical therapist check it out but some exercises that could help are leg raises, ecspecially lateral, and foam rolling may release some tension. Hopefully it's nothing more serious. Thanks for your service btw.