Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Snowboarding accident 2011, still swollen  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Missjme

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Snowboarding accident 2011, still swollen
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »
Hi there, I am new to Knee Guru, first post. Hoping to find some answers as I've yet to find any.

In 2011 I was snowboarding and on my first run of the day I whipped out. I had hurt my knee but decided to keep boarding for a few more hours. Then night my left leg was bruised and swollen from mid calf to above my knee (I might be able to find some old photos).

I went to the doctor and got an X-ray then an MRI and told it was only soft tissue damage and they wasn't anything they could do about it and just told me to rest. I took it upon myself to get physio therapy but the treatment seemed pretty lose and my knee did not improve. I remember being in hot yoga a month after the accident and my knee retained so much water that I felt it jiggling inside and the instructor told me I should stop.

Fast forward 5 years later and my left knee is still swollen to this day. Some days are worse then others and I can't figure out why. I have discomfort in the joint when nearly walking up a hill. I haven't been able to exercise like I used to and that's frustrating to me. I am 25 and frustrated that my body has not fixed this "soft tissue damage".

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any ideas for treatment or self treatment? I am beyond frustrated and will take any suggestions. Thank you.

Offline geococcyx

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Snowboarding accident 2011, still swollen
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 09:10:24 PM »
Hi I think you need to go back to the doctor or find a new one. Surely with 5 years of pain and swelling there would be more than "only soft tissue damage". The images don't always pick up everything.

support