Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 6 weeks of agony  (Read 547 times)

Offline Bladegirl81

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
6 weeks of agony
« on: June 29, 2015, 02:54:59 PM »
Hello all.   Wondering if you can help me.  Almost 6 weeks ago I was squatting down and as I stood I twisted and immediately felt an agonising pop in the outside of my knee.  It was immediately painful but passed off the swelling was localised like an egg near my knee cap.  Well the swelling got a worse as did the pain and I ended up at a&e.   My whole knee was huge by this point and I was unable to weight bear.   They thought it was likely that I had torn the Acl.   Since that time I have been in differing levels of pain ranging from tear inducing agony to discomfort.   My knee has collapsed on me twice in the last 5 days both times have been agony and it's 10 mins until I can attempt to stand.    I'm limping and using crutches.   It's a real pain in the bum.
My mri scan has been recorded as inconclusive - mainly because the knee is still so swollen that i think it's not very clear.  So they've discharged me back to physio.
It feels like something is stuck under my knee in the actual joint - apparently my grove is almost flat so this could be causing some pain.  But the instability is agony and there is no warning. 
I don't believe there isn't something structurally wrong.
I can't go on like this.  What do you suggest - I'm thinking about getting a second opinion.

Offline TheEbae

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 6
  • 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Re: 6 weeks of agony
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 09:38:29 PM »
Hi Bladegirl81,

So sorry to hear of your inconclusive MRI!!! I am afraid that I cannot be of much help, as I've never had an ACL injury, but I would definitely encourage you to get a second opinion. There is obviously something wrong with your knee. You know your knee better than anyone else.

Hope you find answers and healing soon!
Good luck and keep us posted :)

~EBae
~The EBae~

11-12-14 MCL sprain
12-08-14 Plica Syndrome diagnosis
2-24-15 Plica and scar tissue removal surgery
4-20-15 Patellar Tendonitis onset