Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: tibial tubercle transfer Operation  (Read 863 times)

Offline mihznikki

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
tibial tubercle transfer Operation
« on: June 25, 2015, 02:01:07 AM »
Hi, My name is Nikki and im 24 yr old. I am going to get a Tibial Tubercle Transfer done on my left knee in October.

I have been told that I will get a new brace from the hospital and I will wake up with it on my leg. I have been told that I will be staying over for 1 night in hospital. I know this is a weird question, but I want to start organsing stuff now. My silly question is what will I need once I am home and general things. are you able to wear shoes after the surgery and if yes what type of shoes are best? Should I buy some large pillows to help keep my knee elevated? How big and chunky is the brace?  how long until I can drive my manual car again?

Thank you for you help.
TTT Left Knee

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • They sed this wouldnt last, well there wrong!!!!!!
Re: tibial tubercle transfer Operation
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:01:31 PM »
I was in your same boat, the brace is bulky, mine was on me for 6 weeks in full extensions and after 6 weeks you can bend it, and just remember he is breaking your tibia and placing screws so you have to be careful and the bone take 6 weeks to heal. I wore sneakers when I left the surgery, I didn't have to stay in the hospital. TV remote and books are anything to pass the time, sleep will be your best friend for a few days and make sure you wake up to take your pain meds,ask your surgeon to give you femoral block, hurts like hell when it wears off, just take pain meds right before it wears off cause you can kinda feel it but well worth it,I was coming home from survey got in my house and forgot I had surgery and put my leg down no pain, but I'm sure if I didn't have I would have. Any others questions just ask. Can't hurt either the pillows and ask your surgeon if you have the option to get a machine that helps you with blood clots.👍
*25 years old
* right scope aug 16-plica removal-sheet
* left scope dec 18-lateral release and plica removal,partial synovectomy,and debridement
 2 cortisone shots
*left scope sept 13-ttt,and lateral release,well see what else? And placed 2 screws

Offline mihznikki

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: tibial tubercle transfer Operation
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 11:24:46 PM »
Thank you for your help.

I will ask all these questions :)
TTT Left Knee

support