Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Understanding MRI report - anyone care to explain / interpret?  (Read 724 times)

Offline UK86

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
I have a recommendation for surgery already but nobody has really explained what the MRI is actually showing other than a tear and I'm curious.  I have knock knees which they say has caused the damage.

"Medial meniscus is intact. 
 ACL, PCL is intact. Medial and lateral collateral ligament is intact.

Degeneration with a degenerate tear of anterior horn lateral meniscus, associated with a meniscal cyst anteriorly.

There is high riding patella. Lateralisation of the patella.  Moderate joint effusion with lateral parapatellar plica."
Nov 2015 - HTO & Lateral Release

Offline GreenHeron32

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Understanding MRI report - anyone care to explain / interpret?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 05:06:13 PM »
I would make another appt with your doctor so he can sit down with you to explain the MRI report. Also, perhaps make an appt with a physical therapist. Mine is really great and he was able to explain mine to me. I have had to google some of the language in mine before!

Offline GreenHeron32

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 05:08:35 PM »
I would make another appt with your doctor so he can sit down with you to explain the MRI report. Also, perhaps make an appt with a physical therapist. Mine is really great and he was able to explain mine to me. I have had to google some of the language in mine before!

Offline UK86

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »
It isn't so easy to get another appointment at the moment. 
I understand the meniscus damage, just wondering what the patella and plica was really indicating.

Nov 2015 - HTO & Lateral Release

support