Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee strenght  (Read 706 times)

Offline Piri00

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Knee strenght
« on: June 03, 2015, 04:37:23 PM »
Hi All

Just would like to get your opinion.
I have injured my knee last month where I had acl reconstruction 1 year ago.
I went to see doctor and physio and both said that my acl is slightly stretched but still functional and fine.
Now my feeling  is little bit different as the knee is very weak / loose.

Can knee become again so weak after the injury and that is why it feels like is loose.
Do I need to build up again muscles around the knee or did I tear ACL again?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:45:41 PM by Piri00 »

Offline Chin

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Knee strenght
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 06:39:14 AM »
Hi Piri000,

Sorry to hear about your injury. I was just updating my son's status (http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=65441.0) when I come across your thread. Thought I share with you my wife's experience.

My wife injured her knee during skiing in Dec 2014. Prior to the injury, she had complained of knee aches and pains from our marathon training. In addition, she also twisted her knee during one of the runs. So the skiing injury just made it worse.

She only started to seek treatment after her ski injury. That's when she found out from the sports doctor that her ligaments were already weakened prior to the skiing incident and that she should have strengthen it before the ski season.

As a layman, I am not the best person to assess whether have you torn an ACL again or not, but I certainly believe that you would need to seek a professional opinion - so that you can be certain that you can proceed with strengthening exercises or you should need to let it heal. My wife had to stop physical training for two months before she was prescribed strengthening exercises like weights and cycling to build up the knee again in time for the next ski season.

Hope this helps.