Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Does this sound right??? No physio??!  (Read 905 times)

Offline Runner81

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Does this sound right??? No physio??!
« on: May 06, 2015, 04:31:11 AM »
Hi,
So I fractured my patella 6 weeks ago, it was a minimally displaced fractured and no surgery required. I spent 6 weeks in an immobiliser brace. Today i saw the OS again, had an X-ray and now in a ROM brace set at 30 degrees. Apparently I am to adjust every 2 weeks - 45 degrees and then 60. I was told no physio required?

I thoghbt I would be having physio and needing to do exercises??? Pleas help
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:16:14 AM by Runner81 »

Offline stilsjx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Does this sound right??? No physio??!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »
I am 4 weeks into healing from a non-displaced transverse patellar fracture From a mtb accident. After week three I had them take the hard cast off because it was bruising my quad/hamstring and chafed my ankle.  So I've been approved to bear weight on it, but still keep it imobilized.  I'm already doing exercises to keep ankle and hip flexor muscles fresh.  Being athletic you understand the need for a good ROM.  You should count on doing some PT no matter what.  A little poking around on here wouldn't hurt I bet. 
Keep me updated, and I'll repost on here if I get a workout plan!

Offline stilsjx

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Does this sound right??? No physio??!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 12:17:56 PM »
I thought I'd update you on progress here. 
After 6 weeks of immobilization, I was cleared to bend the knee 90 degrees.  I wasnt able to, but it was ok if i did.  Over the past two weeks, Ive been doing exercises found on this site to increase my flexibility, and can now lift my leg with a boot on and bend to 90 degrees.  If im on it all day, it gets super swollen.  Ice and elevation seem to be its best friend, and when I do that, I can make significant progress by pushing myself.  A PT friend of mine said i should look into a tens unit, which i may do.  Ive got an ortho appt this Friday to see h ow its going, but i think I'm on pace.