Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: TORN ACL OR NOT (PART 2 UPDATED)  (Read 749 times)

Offline kneeProblem

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
TORN ACL OR NOT (PART 2 UPDATED)
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »
I had a long thread some time ago and just want to update my status and address another concern im having.  So it turns out my knee is stable.  I have played soccer now multiple times with no problems, of course ive been easing myself into it taking it step by step, but nonetheless i feel good and knee has not given out or felt unstable at all. 

Now to address my next question, the last time I went to play, it was probably the most intensity i have gone yet and now my knee is swollen moderately the next day.  I guess something else to note also, is that my other knee swelled up a bit too, but my 'meniscus' knee swelled up a bit more. I did not hurt it while playing either.  Im guessing it's because I haven't played in a little over 3 years, this swelling could just be due to my body not being used to this activity?  I remember my doc did say i had a small meniscus problem but nothing to worry about he said.  Im guessing it's a combination of the meniscus and lack of activity in 3 years?  What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 11:58:47 PM by kneeProblem »

Offline agogley

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: TORN ACL OR NOT (PART 2 UPDATED)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 12:56:08 AM »
If your knee is not unstable nor causing pain, then it is highly unlikely is anything serious enough to require surgery.  The swelling isn't good but could be caused by all kinds of factors.

Offline kneeProblem

• Regular Poster
Re: TORN ACL OR NOT (PART 2 UPDATED)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 02:53:50 PM »
But inactivity for 3 years could cause the swelling correct?  I believe it is patellofemoral pain that I am getting because of the inactivty for 3 years and now the change of activity so suddenly.  Keep in mind i have had a partial tear of my PCL in my good knee that was never fixed, doctor said surgery wouldn't really improve the condition, he said it was about 80% strong i believe at the time.  And my last MRI on my concerned left knee they said there was a small meniscus tear that also didnt require surgery, i beleive he said it was a posterior horn, not sure.

support