Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Recovery after ACL and Meniscus transplant  (Read 604 times)

Offline soumya.das.messi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Recovery after ACL and Meniscus transplant
« on: June 01, 2015, 08:44:38 AM »

Hi,

I went through ACL transplant and medial and lateral meniscus transplant on my left knee. It is already 96 hrs, I can't really put any pressure on my left foot. I am afraid of walking even with crutches as all I am doing is putting whole body weight on the right leg and crutches. However on CPM I can bend my left knee upto 48 degrees. Is it normal after 4 days? Many people say they can walk on the first day itself, but I can't put minimum load on my operated foot.However pain has gone down significantly. In last 12 hrs, I didn't take a pain killer, but I wonder when will I feel comfortable to start walking. I can't even pull the leg up without help or even move side wise. Is it normal or I should check with doctor?  Is it an after effect of nerve block they did before surgery?

Can you share your experience. I knew it will be tough, but 4 days without being able to put weight is unexpected.

Thanks,

Soumya

Offline Piri00

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Recovery after ACL and Meniscus transplant
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 08:27:22 AM »
Hi

Don't worry you will be fine soon.
It took me two weeks to walk without crutches and then within another 4 weeks I was able to walk with no problem at all.
Just do your rehab to gain back your motion of the knee and it will be back soon.

I was running 3 months post-op.