Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Sharp Pain  (Read 687 times)

Offline angeelee

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Sharp Pain
« on: February 15, 2004, 10:08:21 AM »
A couple years ago I noticed a strange hard bump right above my kneecap. I was big into agressive inline skating and just assumed that maybe I chipped my knee cap or something. There was no pain so I just ignored it. Recently it's started hurting. It isn't quite so hard and when I press it it feels sorta like when you hit your funny bone. My boyfriend thinks that it's a trapped nerve or something. I'm trying to figure out if this is possibly what it is and if there is anything I can do about it... short of dealing with an actual doctor...

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
Re: Sharp Pain
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 04:25:12 PM »
Do remember falling on the area repetivitly?  My first thought when i read you post was myositis ossficans.  This happens when there is repetitive trauma to an area of muscle.  Eventually there is changes in the muscle and you get an area of calcification.  This could certainly impinge on nerves, resulting in the "funny bone" feeling you discribe.

Your next step should be to see an orthopedic surgeon.  They will be able to evaluate your knee, run some tests, and decide on a dx and a course of treatment.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

support