Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: on third supartz injection and now have popping and pain, is this ok?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline osubuckeyebest

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
My left knee I had an injury to bone that caused bone edema and partial meniscus tear.  I got it healed to where they did an Supartz series, andthe knee was great for almost 1 1/2 years as long as I didn't push to hard!!  Now it is hurting and swelling again, so they said I should do another Supartz series.  All went well and normal with the first 2 injections but the 3rd was normal injection but felt some air go in at end of the injection, but all seemed fine. Got home rested leg up with ice the first day, then when I started up on it the next day every time I walked it pops load with each step and hurts and causes a lot of discomfort if I bend it up when lyeing down.  It is more swollen then before I started the injections on both sides and bottom and in back of my knee.  Can this be normal and go away in time or did something go wrong or change, should I do anything or go on with my life?  Called my doctor and he said he will evaluate it next Monday when I am to get my 4th injection and told me to use ice for swelling!

Offline osubuckeyebest

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: on third supartz injection and now have popping and pain, is this ok?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:05:45 PM »
Really worried, would love anyone's input!!!  :'(

Offline DaTexanBoy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: on third supartz injection and now have popping and pain, is this ok?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 08:18:18 PM »
Pain and popping are never enjoyable. I'd say the best you can do is rest it this weekend and wait for Dr's evaluation on Monday. Be sure to make a list and bring up those concerns then.

I know I have to make list or I always forget to tell my Ortho Dr something.

Best of luck.

support