Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Heather's TTT (Elmslie-Trillot)  (Read 20537 times)

Offline shawmere

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
Re: Heather's TTT (Elmslie-Trillot)
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2015, 02:42:02 PM »
Good luck tomorrow! Hope everything goes great. Update us when you feel up to it. I'll be thinking about you.

Offline boxerlover

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2015, 03:23:54 PM »
Thank you so much!  I can't believe it's tomorrow. I have been dreaming about my surgery every night for the past week.

With the humidity last night...man was my knee aching!  I'm sure you can relate.

So I have to be at hospital for 7:30am tomorrow and surgery is set for 9:15am. Will update once in coherent.

Thanks again!!!

Offline Georgie28793

• Regular Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2015, 04:02:30 PM »
Good luck tomorrow Heather! Not that you need any ! :-)

I bet you will feel relieved as soon as you wake up in recovery - all that stress and worrying is finally over!

Let us know how you get one once you're feeling well enough :-)
2000/14 - multiple dislocations of both knees
August '14 - bad LK dislocation
April '15 - LK MPFL reconstruction, tibial tubercle osteotomy and supramalleolar derotational osteotomy

Offline boxerlover

• Regular Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2015, 04:46:27 PM »
Thanks Georgie!!!  I will

Offline niffer04

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2015, 07:53:04 PM »
Good luck tomorrow Heather.  Although you won't really need it.  We build it up so much in our minds that when the time comes the reality is so much better than what we imagined it to be!  At least that's how it was in my case.  Please update when you're feeling up to it.  I know you'll be up and at 'em before you know it.  Big hugs and loving thoughts going your way. :) :) :)

Offline boxerlover

• Regular Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2015, 03:17:18 AM »
Hi guys!!!!

So surgery was done this morning. I'm still in the hospital for at least the night. Saw surgeon before surgery and asked him about the incision I would have. He tolde it would be at central part of knee and that he'd be either making a second one, or make the original one longer so he can tighten up things at the side of the kneecap. I asked him if he could make it look like a lightening bolt because that would just be wicked!

The pre op room I was in was called The Room of Awesome.  Seriously!  Haha.  Had an engraved sign on the door and everything. I almost passed out when the nurse tried to get it in, which is weird because needles don't bother me. The anesthetist ended up putting it in my other hand. They gave me slight sedation then femoral nerve block....they froze it first. Barely felt a thing. It's still working, but I know it will wear off soon. Not looking forward to that. Getting oral meds every two hours and they take pain level from around 7 down to a 5. Never take it away completely. They just added a second long-acting pain killer on top of that, so hopefully it helps when nerve block wears off.

They hade up to washroom with walker. Holy moly!!!  Hardly put any weight on it, but it just takesy breath away and madee sweat!  Definitely make sure you keep your meds on schedule. But honestly, it could sure be a lot worse. I can deal with this.

What I'm having a hard time dealing with is the two older ladies in my room bitching a
nd complaining non-stop. Good grief!  One of them rings for her nurse every five minutes!!!

Get my first dressing change tomorrow. I'll post pictures of incision after that. For now, this is the brace that I'm going to be in for a few months. It's not a locking hinged brace...its an immobilized.

Will post again tomorrow.  G'night folks!   

Offline boxerlover

• Regular Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2015, 03:26:54 AM »
Can't post picture. Says too large. Will get hubby to help once I'm home. 

Offline shawmere

• Regular Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »
Congratulations! Sounds like you're doing great. Hopefully the transition to no nerve block will be a smooth one for you. The room of awesome: love that! Sorry about your delightful roommates. Maybe I won't be so upset that I'm not being kept in! Looking forward to your pictures and hearing more about it when you feel up to it.

Offline boxerlover

• Regular Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »
Day 2 has been hard. The nerve block wore off around 3am, plus I didn't fall asleep until almost 5am. Then physio had me up and doing a bit of weight bearing walking. It was tough. I was sweating and out of breath after a small walk on crutches. It's not completely unbearable, but has been trying. I'd re commend doing all you can to get them to keep you overnight if you can. It really helped a lot. Odd nerve discomfort now that I'm still getting feeling back. Like the outside of my ankle....weird!

Everyone has said it....make sure you keep your meds on schedule. It really, really makes a difference!

Will try to post some pictures later  long incision below kneecaP and slightly smaller one above....he went into to tighten up ligiments.

Home now settled in bed. Trusty boxer glued to my side. Will update more later.

On plus side....can see dropping a few pounds. Not at all hungry!!!!

Offline boxerlover

• Regular Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2015, 09:09:26 PM »
Incisions

Offline shawmere

• Regular Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2015, 09:58:25 PM »
Hey, that looks pretty good! (I mean, y'know, considering..... ;)) I'd really prefer to stay overnight, but it seems pretty doubtful. I don't think I'd trust my Victorian Boston Bulldog pup, he'd probably break my leg :o, but the old girl (Rhodesian Ridgeback) she'll be a great bed buddy. Sounds like you're doing pretty good. Take 'er easy, and keep us posted.

Offline boxerlover

• Regular Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2015, 11:12:07 PM »
Tilley

Offline shawmere

• Regular Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2015, 12:09:32 AM »
So cute!

Offline boxerlover

• Regular Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 03:06:28 PM »
Today is day 2 post op. Better than yesterday!  Mind you, I was moving around a lot yesterday. X-rays, discharge, getting home and up 13 steps to bed. I was not loving things by the end of the day!  Today is better. Ankle is starting to swell up and there's discomfort for sure, but Dilaudid helps.

Offline Georgie28793

• Regular Poster
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 07:05:50 PM »
Glad to hear your leg is feeling a bit better!! How did you find the stairs? One bit of advice I would say, and I'm sure everyone's said this to you, is to carry on taking all the pain meds even if it doesn't feel too bad. Around day 3 and 4 I cut down just 1 of the tablets I was taking because it made me feel sick and really regretted it!! Takes you a few days to manage the pain again otherwise.

Your dogs are so cute !!! Are they keeping you company?
2000/14 - multiple dislocations of both knees
August '14 - bad LK dislocation
April '15 - LK MPFL reconstruction, tibial tubercle osteotomy and supramalleolar derotational osteotomy

support