Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Problems after ACL surgery-possible meniscus review/arthroscopy  (Read 907 times)

Offline dhanna506

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
"some tightness at extremes of flexion and extension.
discomfort related to the proximal medial tibia which sometimes gives him an unusual sensation radiating laterally.
He has had no episodes of instability.

On examination;
minimal effusion,full hyperextension.
very minor limitation of flexion which gives him some posterior discomfort. graft feels very stable and his medial ligament is also stabilised so that it is almost equal on examination compared with the other knee. joint surfaces run smoothly and good muscle tone and muscle bulk although he has not yet reached the dimensions of the other knee.

At the time of surgery his joint surfaces were generally healthy but there was a small stable tear at the posterior horn of the lateral meniscus. Sometimes meniscal tears can give discomfort on full flexion although it would be more usual for a small lateral tear to have healed by now. He has some hypersensitivity over the scar and the tibial drill hole which gives him an unusual sensation lateral to the scar suggesting that he has irritation of a skin nerve in this area."

hi folks this is what my surgeon said to me approx 6 months after ACL reconstruction, having these issues. I carry on with my rehab and see the surgeon in 3 months time, and if the problems persist then scope the knee etc. have an awful feeling that after all this rehab, just got a feeling i'll need a second op for knee arthroscopy to possibly sort the meniscus, as he said it should've healed by now.
just wondering has this happened for anyone after ACL reconstruction?

Thanks In Advance

Offline dhanna506

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Problems after ACL surgery-possible meniscus review/arthroscopy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »
No takers?

support