Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: I'm home...  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Cindy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
I'm home...
« on: February 14, 2004, 03:23:06 AM »
I had my surgery on Thursday.  I was in and out in about 6 hours--Thursday went pretty well--today (Friday) is a totally different story.  I'm in sooooo much pain, I can't straighten my leg out, its swollen, its tight, its stiff.  I took the bandages off today to check it (per the nurses instructions) and I was shocked at the fact that I have 7 staples in each incission!!!! It looks gross.  I can barely get out of bed and move to the couch.  I slept most of today, don't have much of an appetite and I'm wondering what in the hell I've done to myself.....will this get better and if so WHEN??? I'm miserable!!!!

Thanks,
Cindy

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: I'm home...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2004, 03:41:39 AM »
Wow, do you know what they did in there when they were in there? Sounds like they have done some work if there are that many staples in the incisions.  I had  a scope and debridement when I was 17 they just taped the incisions shut.   The pain will get better...today would be the day it get's bad.  HOpefully by tommorow you will be feeling better. The knee is going to be sore and tight..it may be awhile til you can straighten it again. Just take it one day at a time.  Keep the ice packs going on it, that will help keep down the swelling that causes the tightness and stiffness.
Glad to hear surgery went well, take care, hang in there..soon it will be all just a bad dream.
HUGS
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Cindy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: I'm home...
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 03:46:43 AM »
well, I don't know the exact terminology for what he did and I haven't had my follow up yet (thats Tuesday) but from what he told me and my husband after the surgery is he did the debridement and he did a "little shaving" to my knee cap because the arthritis was pretty severe on that....thats all I know.  I have 2 incissions--I thought I would have 3 but only have 2 and they are both closed with 7 staples....OUCH!!!!! I'm freakin' out here with the pain....

Thanks,
Cindy