Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 6 mos post-op ACL/meniscus/something catching in back of knee  (Read 1094 times)

Offline 12Cyndy12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hello,

I was not sure what thread to put this question under.

I am 6 mos post-op ACL/meniscus repair.  Everything has been good up to now. 

Sometimes when extending the leg it feels like something inside is catching on the side of the back of the knee.  Have to bend it to have it uncatch.  Can't walk when it does it.  When feeling it "release" it feels like a pop.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Offline dhanna506

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 6 mos post-op ACL/meniscus/something catching in back of knee
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 09:31:09 AM »
I know how you feel, sometimes when sitting for any length of time i develop a stiffness behind the knee which i cant straighten out when extending the leg, i have to do a few heel flicks etc to get  it away.

i has some cartilage/meniscus tear with my acl any maybe this is the cause, when flicking my heels i can only get to a cerain range, maybe its my poor hamstrings in that leg, i dunno?

but a few weeks back the stiffness and feeling that the leg would pop/snap when you tried to straighten was unbearable, i got a full sports massage for the quads and hamstrings and it definitely helped without question.

Offline lucy5452

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: 6 mos post-op ACL/meniscus/something catching in back of knee
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 09:12:16 PM »
1 year Post op ACL reconstruction (skiing accident) and then 5 months ago fell down flight of stairs and tore my meniscus.  Did a ton of research about while trying to decide if I would have surgery to repair the torn meniscus.  Just about every resource mentioned symptom of torn meniscus "sometimes felt as a pop or click to the back of the knee".  Might want to get it checked out.  BTW- I opted for no surgery. Best wishes to you in your recovery.

support