Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: recovering from oats surgery having concerns  (Read 605 times)

Offline bbock4

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
recovering from oats surgery having concerns
« on: April 13, 2015, 11:48:25 PM »
Hello, my name is Rob and I just turned 23, and this past New Years Eve I had oats surgery on my left lateral femoral condyle. I'm not sure of the exact size that the defect was, but it was pretty large. I was non weight bearing for 7 weeks, then gradual weight on it for one week, then I was off crutches. My PT and rehab was coming along great with getting my full ROM relatively quickly and having no pain. But a couple of weeks ago, (12 weeks out from surgery), I was stupid and did some yard work. I was raking leaves and dragging piles of them to the fence of our yard. I stopped after a while because I knew it wasn't going to be good for my knee. The next day my leg had a dull ache/ stiff feeling to it, and every now and then a sharp pain. I waited a week and iced it like crazy and took it really easy but I was still having some pain in the graft area. I saw my OS the next week, he looked at my x-rays and did some tests on my knee feeling the graft. The x-rays showed that the plug hadn't shifted or moved at all, and when he was feeling my knee he said it felt smooth (good) and that I just "overdid it." He was pretty upset  that I was "pushing it" and really emphasized how delicate this tissue is right now and that I really have to be careful. But he said that it's probably irritated and inflamed right now and prescribed me some strong anti-inflammatory medicine. I'm super anxious that I have messed up the surgery and I've been freaking out!! Has anyone had anything similar happen to them?? :-\

support