Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Possible meniscus tear? Pain when kicking soccer ball  (Read 1825 times)

Offline kneeProblem

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Possible meniscus tear? Pain when kicking soccer ball
« on: April 08, 2015, 05:37:12 AM »
As you guys all know the MRI of my knee said ACL was intact and my last doctor said it felt stable and rock solid, but did agree with the radiologist that there was a small meniscus tear i believe medial side, cant remember what exactly the tear was, but i believe he said it was a posterior horn, not sure.  He said the tear was nothing to worry about and didnt warrant surgery.

So today I went around moving around for the first time playing soccer in my backyard, basically first time playing really in 3 years since my last incident where I thought I originally re tore my ACL but turns out I didnt, maybe just that small tear that the MRI and doctors are talking about.  So as I was playing knee felt stable but every time i tried to do a hard kick with my affected leg right at the locking point of the kick in full flexion i felt a sharp noticeable pain that caused me some worry. I believe this is the meniscus tear that the doctors were talking about, or maybe it could just be patellafemoral pain from muscle weakness and not doing really any atheltic movement in 3 years.  Trying to figure out why im getting pain at the end of my kick when leg reaches full extension.  The pain seems to be coming right around the medial meniscus area, possibly slightly lower.  Any ideas?

Offline neettim

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Possible meniscus tear? Pain when kicking soccer ball
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »
A sharp pain is definitely something that you want to bring up to your doctor and it seems you feel confident it is your meniscus tear. Hope you do alright. That's really I all got sorry.