Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Microfracture  (Read 489 times)

Offline Steve 78

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Microfracture
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:03 PM »
Hi everyone its been a while since i was last here last year i had a right knee Fulkerson Osteotomy and Lateral Release in march 2014 which went well i did my physio as directed i was cycling 200 plus miles a week fast forward to October 2014 i had to have the MPFL screw removed then all of a sudden my right knee started to play up giving way very painful clicking im unable to walk without pain meds ie 400mg tramadol 1000mg naproxen as well as paracetamol in between and amitriptyline  :'( seen my surgeon who is Mr James Arbuthnot at Solihull Hospital UK he proceeded to tell me when looking through my notes he told me the synovial membrane is more or less gone and the cartillage on the medial side has gone which where he is going to do microfracture my concern is what is going to happen when the synovial membrane has compleaty all gone will my knee stiffen up compleaty i am only 36 and have had to give work up as a builder because of the pain some days i cant even move because the pain is too much Thanks for reading ,Steve

support