Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bakers Cyst  (Read 3975 times)

Offline fraz

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Bakers Cyst
« on: March 15, 2015, 11:18:05 PM »
Hi all,

I've had one of these on and off for the last 8 years nearly - I've had 18 months respite within this 8 years and interferential [spelling?]-electricity from the physio machine helped this back when.

The main issue is chondromalacia patella - and from info I've gathered over the last 8 years occured when a piece of articula cartilage broke off from my patella and locked my leg.  If i'd known the seriousness I'd have got an OP immediately to remove it as it caused synovitis which is inflammation of the joint lining caused by the rotting or dissolving of the fragment within my knee joint and every bakers cyst occasion I have now is due to synovitis [I think] - maybe I'm wrong but thats what I'm going with!

I've had bone marrow prolotherapy for this and reduced the size of the patella defect but there is still a defect and I think microscopic particles of articular cartilage rub off the defect area and get into the synovial fluid and irritate the joint lining as the extra cellular matrix has been interrupted and is not continual across the patella.

More treatment is planned as I need to make progress in my knees.  I'll read some of your issues on the forum in due course.

This is just my two pennies worth---------Hope it helps someone   ;D ;D ;D ;)