Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Advice, Tips for Locked Knee since Dec.  (Read 1481 times)

Offline angelbaby

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Advice, Tips for Locked Knee since Dec.
« on: February 13, 2004, 02:25:37 AM »
I've had my left knee locked since the end of Dec. I tried physical therapy to help but it wasn't working. My MRI revealed a tiny meniscus tear, scar tissue,  etc. I had arthroscopic surgery Jan. 21st to "clean out" the area. The tear wasn't repaired because it was so tiny. I go to PT 3 times a week for an hour each time. Yesterday I received a splint called the JAS-splint. It stands for Join Active Systems. It is supposed to help stretch. The pain I suffer is unbearable at times. I have pain 24 hrs a day and it's very difficult to sleep. If PT and the splint don't work, I will probably have knee manipulation. If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

Offline angelbaby

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Advice, Tips for Locked Knee since Dec.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 02:25:37 AM »
I've had my left knee locked since the end of Dec. I tried physical therapy to help but it wasn't working. My MRI revealed a tiny meniscus tear, scar tissue,  etc. I had arthroscopic surgery Jan. 21st to "clean out" the area. The tear wasn't repaired because it was so tiny. I go to PT 3 times a week for an hour each time. Yesterday I received a splint called the JAS-splint. It stands for Join Active Systems. It is supposed to help stretch. The pain I suffer is unbearable at times. I have pain 24 hrs a day and it's very difficult to sleep. If PT and the splint don't work, I will probably have knee manipulation. If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

Offline mskyry

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • the knee warrior
Re: Advice, Tips for Locked Knee since Dec.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 03:28:18 AM »
It's a big pain when your all locked after surgery.  After I had my osteotomy I had a hard time getting it unlocked.  You just really need to keep working it as much as you can, I know how much it can hurt, but if you can  do more on your own it's better.  PT can only do so much for you, and it all depends on who is doing it too.  I had much better luck when I researched on some pysical thearapy that I could do my self.  It can hurt so make sure you have your Advil handy.

Kel ;D
2 lateral release, modified campbell reconstruction, Fulkerson Osteotomy, Hardware removal and patella scraping

Offline mskyry

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • the knee warrior
Re: Advice, Tips for Locked Knee since Dec.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 03:28:18 AM »
It's a big pain when your all locked after surgery.  After I had my osteotomy I had a hard time getting it unlocked.  You just really need to keep working it as much as you can, I know how much it can hurt, but if you can  do more on your own it's better.  PT can only do so much for you, and it all depends on who is doing it too.  I had much better luck when I researched on some pysical thearapy that I could do my self.  It can hurt so make sure you have your Advil handy.

Kel ;D
2 lateral release, modified campbell reconstruction, Fulkerson Osteotomy, Hardware removal and patella scraping

support