Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Lateral Release and TTT Procedure Advice/Experience  (Read 852 times)

Offline drobs97

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Lateral Release and TTT Procedure Advice/Experience
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »
Hi all- I'm scheduled for a lateral release/medial tightening and TTT procedure in about 3 months on my right knee. I'm an undergrad student studying modern dance and hoping to dance professionally some day. The things I do are highly physical and have resulted in many repeated subluxations and maltracking throughout my dance career, so it is time to take care of it.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a positive experience with this procedure and returning to intense physical activity. The surgery is scheduled for March and I'm hoping to be dancing somewhat by this fall and full out by January of next year (fully squatting, lunging, changing direction while low to the ground, etc.)

Looking for some encouragement...I'm very nervous and hoping that I am making the right decision and will dance professionally some day. Thanks!

Offline mthall1013

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Lateral Release and TTT Procedure Advice/Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 02:20:49 AM »
Hello. I am soon scheduled for a lateral release as well. I hope yours goes well. From what I have read taking your time with the recovery is key. Don't over do it and do exactly what the PT tells you to.

support