Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bad fall, still niggling pain.  (Read 573 times)

Offline shane247

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
bad fall, still niggling pain.
« on: February 21, 2015, 04:09:03 AM »
Hey guys, my story is 2 months to this day I fell out of a bike taxi carriage while drunk and landed straight on my knee from a height! It hurt and swelled pretty bad for a week with little mobility but then started to clear up. I thought that would be that but I went to a physio to see if I could speed up the recovery process and she said it will probably take months with stretching for the clicking and niggling pain to go away, she gave me quad stretches to do everyday. She was right by the way, still have a niggling pain and can't really overdo my running, 5k Max. (I used to run a lot so this sucks!). Got an xray too, bone is fine. I think its more like patella femoral pain syndrome and some ligament damage under the knee after the heavy fall, this is my opinion by the way. My physio just said that my knee needs more help tracking and to keep doing the quad stretches! I hope this isn't long term! Just ran a marathon before Christmas and really enjoyed it plus no footy either.
Was thinking I might see my gp and get her opinion? So what do you guys think? The pain really is minimal, like a 1 or 2 but its been the same for 2 months like I said. Anyway, all comments are welcome :-)

Offline shane247

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: bad fall, still niggling pain.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:20:56 AM »
Oh, by the way, the slight pain I feel is mainly around the kneecap itself, can't tell if its above or below but the front isn't sensitive to touch anymore. Might get a little muscle ache above and below the kneecap when I'm driving too the odd time, nothing major though.

support