Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Severe Pateller Dislocation  (Read 533 times)

Offline skn56k

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Severe Pateller Dislocation
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:41:38 PM »
In November of 2014, I was standing still on my front porch when my patella exploded out of place.  It did not relocate on its own.  As a matter of fact, it was so severe that I had to get an ambulance ride to the hospital, it was almost behind my leg, so the EMT's that were there were not comfortable putting it back in themselves.  I arrived at the ER, the doctor popped it back in, did an x-ray and sent me on my way.  I followed up with an orthopedist who got me started on physical therapy right away.

Fastforward to today, I have almost my entire range of motion back.  My knee is still very painful walking without a brace though.  Some days I even have pretty severe pain when I'm just sitting at my desk. I have had to have blood drained from my knee twice since that fateful day (not small amounts, either, first time was 60 cc's, second was a little less than 30).  Initially when I dislocated it, the x-ray showed there may have been a loose bone fragment floating around.  I bring concerns to my orthopedist that that bone fragment may be causing an issue and am very concerned about the amount of pain still there after a few months.  He just throws a prescription at me and says "See ya again in 6 weeks." 

Should I rightfully be concerned about the pain in my knee still?  Would it be a good idea to seek out a new orthopedist? I've been contemplating doing so for a while, but if I'm worrying over nothing I don't want to go through the trouble.  Any advice would be appreciated.

support