Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My Stem Cell Journey - A beginning  (Read 17103 times)

Offline BETTYB

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: My Stem Cell Journey - A beginning
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2017, 04:26:16 AM »
Lot's of options... I won't make public comments about the options below, because that could lead to another blocked thread.

Personally, I do have my views mostly against how marketing tends to be put ahead of facts and truth, but still been a voodoo doll for stem cells and PRP for a long time... Number > 20 now, and I have improved to became close to totally asymptomatic after a few of those. I do recommend these treatments as long as you are an ideal candidate (not too old, not totally devastated cartilage to begin with) and make the right choices on the type of treatment.

My general recommendations:

1) Don't pay too much for PRP. I been having it for 170 US dollars (different continent - with currency conversion) and works wonders. There are many different preparations of PRP, but number of injections should always be a better metric than concentration. Cartilage doesn't grow or heal overnight, no matter how super concentrated whatever you take is... long term supply is the key.

2) Attention to lipo-aspirates. There are too different things: True SVF and fat grafts. SVF is separated by enzymes and you get according to literature a number of stem cells to an amount of nearly 3 million from 60mls extracted. Fat graft is almost pure fat with no separation. So it's an injection of liquified bacon... you get a nasty inflammation once injected and according to testimonials, not much of an improvement to justify the initial reaction. If it's NOT true SVF, I wouldn't take it... but if it is real SVF the results tend to be amazing (this is not only mine). So be careful with scams on "fat stem cells". Not all of them are real fat stem cell treatments (real SVF) sometimes even if they claim it is.

3) Dextrose =  rip off... this is non-sense. Been looking for long and can't find any evidence on this, except for some clearly biased studies done by pseudo-doctors with no actual scientific control.

4) No single injection of anything is going to bring you miracles... long term supply is the key. Stem cells alone may not be the best option... Stem cells with hormonal/growth factor stimulation (PRP for example) tends to often be the game changer...

I prefer not going into more details (more targeted to the options below), but if you want we can discuss it in private - I'm already talking with dozens of stem cells / PRP / and all sorts of voodoo patients I meet in forums like this.
I would like to talk to you about SVF andD PRP . Thanks.

Offline BETTYB

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 10:02:22 PM »
I just register to this Forum. I need help before I made any decision for my knees. Does anybody used Dr. Stoddard  services in Toronto for SVF and PRP.  I really appreciate your comments. Thank you in advance.

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 96
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 08:21:10 AM »
Hi Betty
I understand that you are new to the forum but want a private word with one of the members. We have a security system which is not the greatest, but which works, and that is that new users need 20 posts in order to use private messaging. If you go back to this board http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=5216.0 and play the word game with 20 posts, then you will be a fully-fledged member and be able to private message anyone. (Dont forget to go to the last page of that very long game to add your posts).
Sheila
--
KNEEguru

Offline ChrondoCanuck

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 03:28:12 PM »
Hi everyone,

Long time since I posted... only reason I visited again was because I hurt my other knee playing hockey again! The good news was that I recovered enough over the 3 years since I had stem cells in Toronto that I felt good enough to play again, the bad news is that I hurt myself again! Trying to remember now what helped me the best. Looking back over what I read implies that the first PRP injection helped the most. Im wondering if anyone else had success with knee cartilage regeneration with stem cells?