Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What else should I try? Bone on bone.. Arthritis .. Spurs..  (Read 554 times)

Offline TammyR

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What else should I try? Bone on bone.. Arthritis .. Spurs..
« on: February 07, 2015, 06:25:45 PM »
I started trying to get in shape in September.  Desk job and approaching fifty put weight on and I found myself suddenly in great knee pain. I've had some issues with my right knee in 2008 ( torn meniscus and laterall release due to pronation issues). But been ok to do moderate exercise with no issues until now.    I've been tryin since September to get relief. Started with cortisone shot which helped but revealed bone bruise on left knee and very week supporting muscles in my legs. I have been swimming and working out. I've recieved  orthovisc shots (3) in each knee in November and dec and no relief. I can't really stand for anything length of time or walk without pain.  Dr is saying partial knee replacement of inside joint and knee cap for both knees. He uses the robot assisted procedure.   I'm 50 this may.  I want to sure I've tried everythi before surgery.  You wisdom and advise would be so very appreciated! :)

support