Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 3 Weeks Post-Op and still cannot reach 0 degrees extension (ACL Reconstruction)  (Read 572 times)

Offline HYFRBoss

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi there.

I have been doing a lot of research and found out that it is very important to get your knee extension back to 0 within the first 3 weeks. When I found this out, I was very surprised as my PT had no mentioned this at all to me. I had seen her 3 times already and was pretty much at my 3 week mark and she had never stressed the fact that my progress with extension was very slow (I am currently at -6 degrees). Once I found this out, I immediately started talking to friends/family who are in the PT field - and they all agreed that I was very delayed in my progress. My question is - Is it still possible to get back to full extension after 3 weeks? Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:20:51 PM by HYFRBoss »

Offline WeenietheWarriorPrinces

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
I had surgery on 11-21-2014. Are able to get one degree more extension than me. Everyone is different. Do your best on pt exercises at home and follow dr orders. It does get better!
Weenie the Warrior Princess
Left knee:
6/2012 Arthroscope w/ debridment, and plica removal
3/2013 Microfracture of MFC & patella and lateral release
6/2014 Microfracture MFC (same spot as last time, was damaged in a car accident)(infection week after & ultimately a failed surgery)
11/2014 OATS(autograft) MFC

support