Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Loose patellar button?  (Read 3907 times)

Offline FMRCathelete

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 5
  • Cats are great recovery companions
Loose patellar button?
« on: February 02, 2015, 12:58:53 AM »
Hi all.  Haven't been here in awhile, but need a bit of help/advice.  I have a PJFR, slipped on ice last week and landed on my knee in a fully bent position on blacktop.  There was a very loud crack.  I know that the lower inside part of my patella get a good whack on impact.  Once I dared get up, I was able to bear weight, then tested range of motion & that was alright also.  I have had denervation surgery on the same knee, so I can feel the joint to a lesser extent than "normal".  Day one was sore, but could walk with slight limp.  Day 2 was almost like it never happened.  Day 3 I stepped backwards quickly, had sharp pain in patellar area and since then have had mild swelling and increasing pain with walking.l I don't feel catching or anything of that sort and can go up and downstairs normally.  I don't want to be a hypochondriac, so was hoping someone here has had something similar and might know if I am being overly paranoid or if I should be concerned.  I am in a position where we are short staffed at work with no relief on the horizon and I cannot be out, so don't want to go for x-rays until I absolutely think I must.

Also, if anyone has had a patellar button loosen, did they just replace that or did you have to have a complete revision?  Seems they could just replace the button, but I'm also scared OS would just want to convert me to a TKR at same time -I'm 41 and don't want to go down that path yet...

Thank you!!!!
Lat release 5/08
OATS 7/09
PJFR 10/10
Scope, plica removal/synovectomy 1/12
Scope, Medial retinacular release and debridement of excess tissues 2/13
Knee Denervation 3/2014

Offline FMRCathelete

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 5
  • Cats are great recovery companions
Re: Loose patellar button?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 10:49:51 PM »
I went and had radiographs taken today as it has been almost 3 weeks and the knee is still swelling and not feeling ok.  The great news is that the tech let me look at them and my PJFR components look lovely  ;D  So while I'm sure I had some deep bruising and soft tissue damage, I no longer need to worry.  The pain will end when all is healed-no real damage done.  YIPPEEEEE!!!!
Lat release 5/08
OATS 7/09
PJFR 10/10
Scope, plica removal/synovectomy 1/12
Scope, Medial retinacular release and debridement of excess tissues 2/13
Knee Denervation 3/2014

support