Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: popping or snapping of knee ( rare pain and discomfort ) please help!  (Read 493 times)

Offline Blake_hoch

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I'm young 19 years old and live a active lifestyle but for the past few years I've noticed an intense urge to pop my knee it feels like they just have to pop all the time (like a painful pressure) and when I kick out my leg it almost always pops. It's a continuous throughout the day. When I'm sitting, standing, driving etc. I am completely uncomfortable until i pop it and get relief and i have to do the at least every minute. Very frustrating i can’t live my life like this!
I have had 2 scope surgeries on it to try to get it fixed and each time they have removed a “fatty pad” but by the time i recover i have the same problem.

What's the deal?! I think i have narrowed it down to a rare snapping popliteus tendon syndrome but I'm not sure if thats it or how the doctor will fix it since its so rare.  Does anyone know anything about this or have had a similar experience?

-Snapping popliteus tendon syndrome?

-Popliteal tendinitis?

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 108
Re: popping or snapping of knee ( rare pain and discomfort ) please help!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 06:27:53 PM »
Have no answer for you, although I have a lot of sounds but related to cartilage issues.

Just curious, could you describe the intensity and location of the pain?

support