Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Undiagnosed Osgood Schlatters  (Read 5735 times)

Offline CaliGirl86

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Undiagnosed Osgood Schlatters
« on: January 10, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »
I also posted this in another forum but decided maybe I should post here as well. I feel better knowing there are other people who have the same health condition as me and that I can talk to.

Since I was 11, I had these bony bumps under my knees, but I never had it diagnosed (I am an adult now.) I always knew there was something wrong but for some reason I never told anyone and felt ashamed of my body. I've never been athletic but I used to sit down in one position and read a lot (I was a bookworm back then) and I think that is what may have caused it. Recently I have been having a lot of pain in my knees and legs, which is getting worse. I looked up the symptoms and I believe I may have Osgood Schlatter Disease. I went to the ER last night and the doctor said I was a perfectly healthy young adult and to just take an ibuprofen until the pain goes away.

I don't know how to have somebody listen to me and take my pain seriously. I feel really frustrated and don't know what I should do or say. Has anyone dealt with a similar situation and how did you deal with it? I feel I know my body better than anyone else and it's frustrating to have someone tell me there's nothing wrong.

Offline MDAL

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 108
Re: Undiagnosed Osgood Schlatters
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 06:51:02 PM »
You can also try a physiotherapist... I wouldn't go there with a pre-determined diagnostic... Just discuss your issues and see what they think about it... PTs often spend more time than doctors which are typically rushed consultations...

Other option is a specialized OS, don't waste your time in the ER unless you are broken in pieces...

support