Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 3 Operations Later.....  (Read 565 times)

Offline falki900

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
3 Operations Later.....
« on: January 07, 2015, 04:06:16 PM »
hi all this is my first post on here.

with in the last 11 mpomnths ive had 3 operation on left knee

ACL recon
Scar tissue + meniscus trim
MPFL reconstruction

ever since my first operation ive been having constant pain resulting in me being on tramadol for 5-6months unable to do little more than walk cant kneel down, squat lunge,  the pain is constant but is more defined when the knee is bent for periods of time, or just generally not being used for a period of time, if the knee was bent for a while the pain when I fist bend it can become quite chronic the pain is around and behind the patella which comes around the right side of my knee towards VMO the joint also seems to pop and crack occasionaly ive found temporary pain relief by moving my patella to the left it seems to take pressure off the right side of the patella ive had 2 consultants operate and asses my knee with out much luck as to a definite as to what's going on with it - does anyone have any suggestions, theory's behind what could be happening ?

many thanks andrew!
ACL
CLEAN AND TRIM
MPFL
EXOSTOSIS REMOVAL
HARDWARE REMOVAL
HTO

Offline Chris-tea

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: 3 Operations Later.....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:27:17 AM »
Hi Andrew!

I am sorry to hear what you are going through! I have a similar situation.

I had a TTT + MPFL Graft when i was 14 (almost 8 years ago) from my knee dislocating. It took a good year before i felt like i was starting to make progress and not having the pain you are experiencing. Needless to say i never fully recovered and always had some pain. 3 years after my surgery it got unbearable to the point where i could not walk without excruciating pain. I went back and turns out they had done my mpfl graft too tight and i had internal bleeding. I then got it released and had a quick clean out. After this surgery i did physiotherapy and hydrotherapy for about 10-12 months and it was almost like i was pain free and could exercise.

It has now been another 3-4 years since my second surgery and i am starting to go down hill again, I even went back to physio but it's just getting increasingly worse. I am going back soon to see my surgeon in few weeks.

In my experience the best thing to do is keep up with the physiotherapy and go with your gut, if you feel like something isn't right then keep persisting. Unfortunately i think knees is one of those things where when you start having problems it's unlikely it will ever be pain free all the time or without some minor problems.

Good luck hope you find out what is happening.
Christie
2008 TTT and MPFL right knee (14 years old)
2011 MPFL graft fixed and Arthroscopic