Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New Here  (Read 626 times)

Offline kitkat4

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New Here
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:39:04 AM »
Hello, Im new here. I took me forever to find a support site. I had a wreck and injured my left knee. Ive had an mri . I am awaiting to see the Ortho, doc. My quad has atrophied. I cant dance I cant walk well. I lostmy job. Looks like others here know how this affects everything. I will stop for now and just try and get used to the site. Im not used to it. And currently my old life as Ive known it is over and Not sure it will ever be the same. Least Im not alone I see.
Im just learning about terminology and such. I have a long road ahead. 

Offline HoppyMom

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 7
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 08:28:23 PM »
Good luck!  Be patient and try to find a good doctor.  You will find a lot of support and people with similar issues here on the site.  Hang in there!

Offline Scubagrl4

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 08:38:50 PM »
Good luck kitkat. I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry to hear about your job. I'm struggling to keep mine at the moment, ugh. When it rains, it pours doesn't it? Keep us posted on your MRI results.
Hugs
4/14/14 L ACL rupture, grade 2+ MCL tear
6/6/14 ACLr allograft
9/4/14 MUA
10/6/14 LOA/AIR, synovectomy, lateral/medial retinacular release, partial lateral menisectomy, chondroplasty, deep tissue
biopsies.
11/20/14 insufflation, MUA
10/19/15: LOA/air, PLM, chondro, synovectomy, med/lat releases

Offline RLE

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 05:42:13 PM »
Hi Kat,
Welcome. Your story could be mine. I can't believe what I've been through the last 3 and a half years. I think I'm a different person now. If you ever want to talk or need support you can send me a private message on here.
Can you do any exercises at all? It's really important to keep the leg going. Even leg lifts, as many as you can stand per day are good. If you can squeeze a light plastic ball between your legs while lifting your heels off the ground that helps too. Believe me, I'm still struggling with the atrophy but it's slowing getting better.
Take care, you aren't alone.
Accident 2011: permanent dislocation, hole under the patella, bone fragments/debris embedded, scar tissue, 3 torn ligaments, fracture, cartilage sheared off, contracture,
2011 MUA
PT on-going
2012 MPFL reconstruction,TTT
        TTT
        Lateral lengthenin
        Arthroscopy/clean out
Thx Dr. T