Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee pain 9 months after mpfl w graph surgery, Ortho recommends:  (Read 483 times)

Offline [email protected]

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee pain 9 months after mpfl w graph surgery, Ortho recommends:
« on: December 22, 2014, 07:56:29 PM »
My Ortho did a cortisone shot in my left knee on Thursday, these typically don't work for me.  I was told to wait 2 wks call back and possibly start the gel injections again that I had done about 2-3 yrs ago. If that doesn't help then another lateral release (had first one in 1999) and scope of knee to see the trama behind knee cap.  IF this fails then a partial knee replacement.  Which will undo the mpfl recon I just had done In March 2014.  I'm not sure I can do that all over again.

I'm 33 very active and have 3 very active young boys to keep up with.  I'm still not 100% from the mpfl repair and it scares me.  This is my 3rd surgery on this knee.  Dr said I have severe trama under the knee cap due to consistant dislocations. My quad in left leg is still lacking big time compared to the other leg, I'm at the gym a lot trying to strengthen it but sometimes the patella tendon pain is awful. Anyone have suggestions on new exercises I can do? I was told to not do squats or lunges anymore.  Ugh just frustrated with it all, the stiffness and pain.