Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 2 months post-op and tripped. Help and advice?!  (Read 521 times)

Offline chrisnaemmetsen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
2 months post-op and tripped. Help and advice?!
« on: December 22, 2014, 01:39:36 AM »
HI! I had an mpfl recon about two months ago. My healing has been progressing extremely well, my ROM is a little above ninety and my quads are re-gaining strength. I have not had any problems at all. I am a healthy young adult, living on my own. I have been working hard to get the swelling down, and had been succeeding.

I was walking in heels today (stupid I know) when I tripped and fell. My knee bent more than it should have and it is now in pain, unstable, swollen, and weak. There is a significant amount of pain on the upper outside of my knee, opposite of where the surgical work was done. There is pain when I bend it. I'm worried because I live alone and I don't drive.

It is swollen everywhere. If I press where the work was done there is some pain, but not much. No pain in the front of the knee, or on the outside. The main pain is on the top and (the worst) the top outside corner.

Does anyone know what I did? Will I have to get surgery again? Did I just irritate my quads? strain? Help me please.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:16:22 AM by chrisnaemmetsen, Reason: Changed the message icon »

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 372
  • Neelie knee!
Re: 2 months post-op and tripped. Help and advice?!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 07:25:58 AM »
Contact your surgeon asap.  Only they can tell you what you've done and whether treatment is needed

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up