Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: QUICK ! Knee pain help! Short question! ! !  (Read 523 times)

Offline GirlGeek

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
QUICK ! Knee pain help! Short question! ! !
« on: December 14, 2014, 11:21:30 PM »
Currently I am 10 months post-op ACL hamstring reconstruction. I was already cleared for sports at my 6 month post-op but decided that it'd be better if I continued to do my rehab and fitness as I am working back to playing volleyball again. Recently I was at a party and while i was walking (in my socks) I under estimated a step and I straightened my knee too early and put all my weight on it awkwardly and my knee hyper extended, and it's been in pain ever since. Nothing popped or anything but the following morning I can barely straighten my knee without pain and I can straighten and put my weight on it but it hurts. I'm not sure if this is normal and happens to anyone else so please let me know what you think !!!!! I don't want to see my physiotherapist if with resting and icing my knee will be back to normal.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW :)
Thanks

Offline Slope

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
May be there is more ...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 12:22:57 PM »
Behave woman, see a DR or let your physio do all the tests to exclude that there is nothing wrong. The whole knee not just the patella or so. The full treatment.
I followed the same strategy like you do, I climb, with in the end more damage then needed if I had etc. Due to pain your muscles will atrophy, so in the end you loose way more.

Take care, Slope
Started climbing at age 3 any attempt to stop since then has failed.

support