Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Weakness and atrophy after quad tendon repair  (Read 12519 times)

Offline jcolarelli

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 7
Re: Weakness and atrophy after quad tendon repair
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 05:15:17 PM »
Hi Bowlermk - i'm just over 6 months post-op and I still have the same issues that you're having.  Steps are the worst for me still.  I can walk mostly normal, but the pain/popping in my knee are bad going up and down stairs (inclines/ramps can be a challenge too depending on the pitch).  Not sure if that's related to the cartilage damage that was sustained that went unrepaired, but it could be.  I was released from PT and by the original OS in early June, and it isn't getting any better.  So I plan to seek out a second medical opinion with a different Orthopedic in the coming weeks.  Thanks to insurance, I'll have to go the route via my primary care doctor for tests until that can happen though.  Ahhhhh fun fun fun....

Where in NJ are you located?  There are at least 2 of us on the board here in the South Jersey area.  Good luck!
RQT "near complete" tear 01/11/15
MRI to confirm 01/23/15
Surgery to Repair 02/10/15
PT began on 03/20/15

Offline bowlermk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 4
Re: Weakness and atrophy after quad tendon repair
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:43 PM »
I am in Manalapan. I'll be 58 soon but I feel like I'm 80. My OS kept me immobile for about 6 1/2 weeks post-op, then therapy. the bad news is that because I work in NY I don't have the time to go to therapy 3 times a week any more. The good news is that during the commute I do more walking and climbing and descending stairs than I did during the therapy. I have been back at work for 3 weeks but I have not been able to do the commute 5 days straight yet.