Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: painful knee  (Read 1538 times)

Offline gwen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
painful knee
« on: February 10, 2004, 10:43:19 AM »
im new here, not sure what to do. but here goes. i cant kneel on my knee, the pain is so bad.its like a sharp pain and a burning sensation, only down the right hand side of knee, it swells also feels like fluid.but walking isnt a problem i can walk fine. can bend kneee with no problem, but last night discovered 2 lumps on top of kneecap, does anyone know what this might be  regards gwen

Offline gwen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
painful knee
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 10:43:19 AM »
im new here, not sure what to do. but here goes. i cant kneel on my knee, the pain is so bad.its like a sharp pain and a burning sensation, only down the right hand side of knee, it swells also feels like fluid.but walking isnt a problem i can walk fine. can bend kneee with no problem, but last night discovered 2 lumps on top of kneecap, does anyone know what this might be  regards gwen

Offline gwen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: painful knee
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 02:03:14 PM »

Offline gwen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 02:03:14 PM »

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 03:04:28 PM »
You should visit your doctor or an orthpedic surgeon. knees are very complicated and this could be any number of things. :-/ My advice for the time being, is don't kneel if it hurts. I am unable to kneel at all, have been for quite a few years now.
Good luck
HUGS and HOPE
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 03:04:28 PM »
You should visit your doctor or an orthpedic surgeon. knees are very complicated and this could be any number of things. :-/ My advice for the time being, is don't kneel if it hurts. I am unable to kneel at all, have been for quite a few years now.
Good luck
HUGS and HOPE
Linds
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline gwen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 04:26:18 PM »
 ???hi linds  thank you for replying. as it happend i went to see doctor this morning. all he said was DONT KNEEL ON IT THEN.  >:( I was stunned.

Offline gwen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 04:26:18 PM »
 ???hi linds  thank you for replying. as it happend i went to see doctor this morning. all he said was DONT KNEEL ON IT THEN.  >:( I was stunned.

Offline lizl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I've fallen and I cannot get up?
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 05:02:03 PM »
Stunned, I guess, and probably mad that you had to pay him to get that advice!  >:(

To be more precise, go see an orthopedic doctor.  Hopefully, an OS would not have waved you off with, "Don't kneel on it."

I guess you could try the "don't kneel on it" method for a while to see if the knee calms down; but if the problem persists for more than a few weeks,  I'd think an actual diagnosis would be in order. If something that needs attention is going on in that knee, you want to know.

LizL
2003: 1/28-29Fell on wet floor,broke kneecap
ORIF(hdwr&immob)
Post-op drug reaction
3/4-5/13 brace
3/21-8/28PT
12/19Hardware removal,scope,partial meniscectomies
2004: More PT
lost job
Settledw/WC Oct
2005: Personal injury lawsuit--reschedulings,failed mediation
2006: settled out of court in March

Offline lizl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I've fallen and I cannot get up?
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2004, 05:02:03 PM »
Stunned, I guess, and probably mad that you had to pay him to get that advice!  >:(

To be more precise, go see an orthopedic doctor.  Hopefully, an OS would not have waved you off with, "Don't kneel on it."

I guess you could try the "don't kneel on it" method for a while to see if the knee calms down; but if the problem persists for more than a few weeks,  I'd think an actual diagnosis would be in order. If something that needs attention is going on in that knee, you want to know.

LizL
2003: 1/28-29Fell on wet floor,broke kneecap
ORIF(hdwr&immob)
Post-op drug reaction
3/4-5/13 brace
3/21-8/28PT
12/19Hardware removal,scope,partial meniscectomies
2004: More PT
lost job
Settledw/WC Oct
2005: Personal injury lawsuit--reschedulings,failed mediation
2006: settled out of court in March