Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 1 week post-op ACLr and menissectomy. Pain question???  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Matthew24

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
1 week post-op ACLr and menissectomy. Pain question???
« on: November 21, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »
Hey guys. I finally had my ACL reconstructing(hamstring graft) 1 week ago after injuring my knee playing soccer back in january. Also had a lateral meniscus tear that he trimmed out. the first few days were ok until the nerve block wore off but i got use to the pain pretty quick.

These last couple days i feel like the pain is getting a little worse which sucks because i thought with each passing day pain would be subsiding. Its isolated to a specific area in the bottom front of my knee, like kinda at the top of my shin bone but towards the inside of the knee a little bit. If i keep the leg straight to long the pain is immense and very sharp, almost like bones are rubbing together. If i do a straight leg lift, which i can barely do, this causes the same pain as well . Its pretty bad. i have to keep my leg slightly bent, especially when sleeping to get rid of the pain and now im starting to lose extension because of it and my leg is getting harder and harder to straighten out but bending is the only thing that helps the pain.  any one else experience this. how long will it last? 

Ill def ask my docs when i see him in a week. it doesnt feel quite right.

Online Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 370
  • Neelie knee!
Re: 1 week post-op ACLr and menissectomy. Pain question???
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »
Certainly no expert, but I believe the reconstructed ligament is anchored with a screw through the tibia below the knee.   Google for ACLr Xrays.  Could it be that? Drilled bone is rather painful for some time.  I had an elbow tendon repaired and reattached and that really hurt for many weeks due to the drilling and  screw used
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline BigKneehurts

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: 1 week post-op ACLr and menissectomy. Pain question???
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »
I had my ACLr about a year ago. I remember many pains that came and went during recovery. I had something like what you are describing. It lasted a few days. I know it hurts but it is very important to keep your leg as straight as you can. Good Luck.

support