Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: how have your knee issues effected your work?  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Fiba

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
how have your knee issues effected your work?
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:15:00 AM »
anyone work in a physical job??

Offline Bluehose11

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: how have your knee issues effected your work?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:24:40 PM »
Yes, I do. I work in a veterinary clinic and am constantly lifting, holding, securing and carrying small- large animals. My knee pain and dislocations have been my biggest fear and joke in our clinic. My colleagues ask me to show them my " crazy knee tricks". It has also limited my habits in life. I do not run anymore, my spouse walks on the outside of a sidewalk along the roads here in our village. It's humiliating and embarrassing. I do hope to have that remedied soon!

Offline Fiba

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 06:30:34 PM »
Yes, I do. I work in a veterinary clinic and am constantly lifting, holding, securing and carrying small- large animals. My knee pain and dislocations have been my biggest fear and joke in our clinic. My colleagues ask me to show them my " crazy knee tricks". It has also limited my habits in life. I do not run anymore, my spouse walks on the outside of a sidewalk along the roads here in our village. It's humiliating and embarrassing. I do hope to have that remedied soon!

cool job! haha I get that too when I have shown people my knees.

how long have you had your dislocations for? do you also have patella alta?

Offline Bluehose11

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »
Fiba,
I have had dislocations for 10+ years- gradually worsening over time. My last one was to the inside of my leg and really scared my Dr. And I . He finally sent me to see an OS and I am to have MPFLr in mid November. I am not sure how I am gonna do with a "normal " knee! And, yes, I love my job and will miss it- I will have to work the front office for 5-6 months...... But no more knee tricks!

Offline Fiba

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »
Fiba,
I have had dislocations for 10+ years- gradually worsening over time. My last one was to the inside of my leg and really scared my Dr. And I . He finally sent me to see an OS and I am to have MPFLr in mid November. I am not sure how I am gonna do with a "normal " knee! And, yes, I love my job and will miss it- I will have to work the front office for 5-6 months...... But no more knee tricks!

that's good. no more knee tricks haha. did you feel pain when it dislocated, mine dislocate even when I walk and I don't feel pain, but when I play sports I do.

I was not able to get knee surgery, os told me I'm still walking and doing regular activities. That made me kind of mad, because I was thinking of joining the police force.

and one needs to be physically fit which I am, but whenever I do squats or lunges or run the dislocations happen, and that tears my knee cartilage even more.

Offline Bluehose11

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 06:46:24 PM »
Fiba,
I always feel my knees"go out". Sometimes are more painful than others.  My Dr.s and there have been multiple- in the last 10 years I have moved 8 times- I am a military spouse- so I have had issues each duty station.  They all told me the same thing your doctors are telling you. Do everything you can while you can , eventually it will be too much and you will have surgery.  That is exactly what has happened.  On vacation in spain, my knee went in a direction that was totally unnatural and now MPFL is in my near future.  Yes, I am freaking out- Yes it will be hard- but I look forward to the day when I can walk, maybe run again without fear! I think getting back to work will be the hardest for me- If I will be able to do what is necessary and rehab at the same time.  We will see, Surgery is Nov. 12,2014. D-day , or as the gals at work call it, Knee-day........Hope you get the answers from the Dr's you are looking for, just be ready when they give you the answer you want. It could really change your life.

Offline Fiba

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 05:29:58 AM »
Fiba,
I always feel my knees"go out". Sometimes are more painful than others.  My Dr.s and there have been multiple- in the last 10 years I have moved 8 times- I am a military spouse- so I have had issues each duty station.  They all told me the same thing your doctors are telling you. Do everything you can while you can , eventually it will be too much and you will have surgery.  That is exactly what has happened.  On vacation in spain, my knee went in a direction that was totally unnatural and now MPFL is in my near future.  Yes, I am freaking out- Yes it will be hard- but I look forward to the day when I can walk, maybe run again without fear! I think getting back to work will be the hardest for me- If I will be able to do what is necessary and rehab at the same time.  We will see, Surgery is Nov. 12,2014. D-day , or as the gals at work call it, Knee-day........Hope you get the answers from the Dr's you are looking for, just be ready when they give you the answer you want. It could really change your life.

Sorry for the late reply, yeah I have the answers, but it's really hard to make a choice. I have osteoarthritis and patella alta.

and thin knee cartilage. I'm sorry to hear about your knee problems, good luck with surgery.

support