Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Chrondomalacia Patella Since 7 months  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Ninny_nora

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Chrondomalacia Patella Since 7 months
« on: May 17, 2014, 06:25:08 PM »

Hello!

I am 21 year old female. I was diagnosed with chrondomalacia patella 7 months ago. I am a dancer and I play Tennis as well. I realized that my right knee was hurting while squatting/running/jumping/using stairs. I never had any problems with my knee before that.

So I stopped all these activities and my doctor recommended me VMO strengthening and Glucosamine n chondroitin and calcium. It didn't make much of a difference. Now, the crepitus has increased. Walking is painless but all other activities are still painful.

I am going for physiotherapy nowadays. My physiotherapist suggested me to go for arthroscopic surgery to smoothen the backside of the patella. He thinks that if I don't go for it, the crepitus wont go away and This might lead to early onset of osteo-arthritis.

Should I wait longer and continue physicotherapy Or should I go for arthroscopy? How successful is this surgery in case of chrondomalacia?

Also, does chrondomalacia lead to an early onset of osteo-arthritis? How can it be prevented?

Offline jonbackhandclear

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Chrondomalacia Patella Since 7 months
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »
Hi there! Just joined this forum and realised this thread is more than 1 year old. How is your knee doing? Have your chondromalacia patella been cured?

support