Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL/Meniscus Repair - Unable to Straighten after Exercise  (Read 1993 times)

Offline annoyedmom

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL/Meniscus Repair - Unable to Straighten after Exercise
« on: October 21, 2014, 04:26:09 PM »

ACL and Meniscus Surgery 10 months ago.  Recovering well.   I am a college athlete and now its been 10 minutes and they are beginning to get me back on the field.  However, being a college athlete is very demanding and sometimes after conditioning I am unable to straighten my leg.   It feels like my ACL just plain hurts.   Visited my doctor and all looked well.  Went for second opinion.  All looks good, even on the imaging scans.    I eventually can straighten after a day of icing, but what else could like be?

Offline BigKneehurts

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: ACL/Meniscus Repair - Unable to Straighten after Exercise
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 06:49:04 PM »
I'm 1 year out and have similar problems. I can tell you this is much tougher to come back from than people understand. I have been back playing for a few weeks and I feel like I may never get back to 100%.  I'm 45 and just play pickup ball so I can't imagine what you are facing playing at the college level.

Which surgery did you have? I had the patellar tendon graph. It still gets very stiff after I play. Where exactly is your pain? It sounds like it may just be swelling. How often do you ice it. I would try every night.

Also consider your quad strength. For me a big part of the problem is that my quad is not back to full strength.

Good luck my friend.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:46:34 PM by BigKneehurts »