Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: need to gain a lot of muscle in my quads  (Read 718 times)

Offline njsurfer123

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
need to gain a lot of muscle in my quads
« on: October 18, 2014, 09:52:00 PM »
Hi i am currently 5 months post op cal surgery. The doc says i am a little behind where i should be with the amount of muscle i have in my quad. I have around a month and half left before i am cleared and i want to gain the most amount of muscle i can get in this short period of time. Unfortunately, if i don't have around 80% of muscle in my injured knee compared to my regular knee by the time i am cleared, i will have to go through 1-2 more months of extra rehab, which would suck! Is there anything you guys would recommend that would help increase muscle gain besides doing a lot of rehab and working out?

Offline ema_b85

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 6
Re: need to gain a lot of muscle in my quads
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 10:01:05 PM »
Hi,
I'm almost 6 weeks post op from knee surgery, I have lost a lot of muscle in my quad from being non weightbearing. Was speaking to my physio about this 2 days ago because I am now weight bearing but he said unfortunately there is no quick fix and it's just lots and lots of physio and exercising at home unfortunately,
I'm looking at approx 12 months of rehab
Best of luck with your recovery 😃
Fall whilst kickboxing aged 14yrs (2000)
subluxations >10 over 15 yrs
MRI scan: 12/13
Diagnosis 02/14: trochlea dysplasia, lateralisation of the patella, patella Alta, mpfl rupture, damage to back of knee cap ++
22/09/14 - Fulkerson osteotomy, MPFL Reconstruction, Microfracture, chondroplasty