Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: No OS wants to operate ?  (Read 3774 times)

Offline CantWalk

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
  • Too Many Surgeries😢
No OS wants to operate ?
« on: October 17, 2014, 09:12:51 AM »
I am a 55 yr old female who had 6 knee surgeries to correct dislocating patellas and chondromalacia. These surgeries were performed at age 15-19. At age 16 I had a patelectomy due to excessive damage from prior surgeries. I developed severe osteoarthritis 15 yrs ago. I was in pain mgmt for the last 10 yrs. i just weaned off all pain medz. The pain is unbearable, but I felt the narcotics would be a detrement eventualy. I have been to physical therapy, and worked with a personal trainer. I am not wimpy..😔 but I am at a loss for a solution. I have seen 3 (Top OS) in my state, and 1 out of state..None want to perform jount replacement on my knee without kneecap. I was told I would have a negative outcome. Their concerns were my skin healing properly(Due to the 5 previous scars)also my pain being managed, and the knee function as a whole. The left knee, which I had 1 prior surgery, my 1st at age 15, they have no problem with. I still have a kneecap in that knee. However, the degenerative disease is severe in both. I walk with a cane, sometime walking crutches. Being an athletic spirit,(which started all this) it is VERY hard to be incapacitated. Sleep is foreign, as pain is constant. I have an upcoming appt. with the Mayo Clinic hoping to get a positive result. Speaking in truth, if I could replace this right leg, I would. I cannot manage my pain.. I am also a brain aneurysm and stroke survivor. I have minor issues as a result from that. I'm feeling like a burden on my son, age 24 with whom I live, and my family and friends. I try very hard to do for myself, but as most of you understand, pain has a way of limiting activities. If anyone has any suggestions, I truly will appreciate. I pray health and healing to everyone here. Thank You for allowing me to share.
Blessingz~
Alwayz~Love...
Love~Alwayz

support