Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Patella Alta both knees.  (Read 552 times)

Offline Fiba

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Patella Alta both knees.
« on: October 09, 2014, 06:58:36 PM »
I have always been physically active. Playing baskebtall, soccer, running, baseball any sport you name it I played it, for me it's has been a way to reduce stress meet others and have fun.

As a little kid I knew I had patellar dislocations in both knees, and it did hurt, but after I got used to it. I'm now 24 and have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both knees.

I also have Bilateral patellar maltracking. I worked and studied for 6 years to become a police officer, I did have doubts about the job role though. But with this new thing with my knees, it has kind of squashed me and those doubts.

I feel bad because I was not able to face my fears and finish what I started, but doing so now seems foolish. The doc's and orthopedic told me I have thin knee cartilage, and to not place too much presssure on my knees.

I have been to physio, and even bought a j brace, the brace helps a lot, I have used it during sport, but still find my knees kind of hurt after basketball.

The doctors when they received my x ray and ultrasound told me this diagnosis.

I personally now have slowed down with basketball, and now just run and weight lift my upper body and perform the stretches the physiotherapist told me to do.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:07:56 AM by Fiba »