Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I'd like to write about cookies, but I'm sorry it's only another knee problem  (Read 494 times)

Offline sobol

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi all,

I guess a funny subject as this is all I've got left to cheer me up.

So I have a long history of having pain in left knee. This has not been related to one particular event but it was gradual degradation. 4-5 years ago it was sharp pain on left side just bellow patella with surrounding muscle pain after exercise. Last two years after all physio it became painful to walk up and down stairs(crunching sound), then walk 100 yards, and last six month it's feeling of inflammation and pain without any activity.

I'm 33, never had operation and right knee started going bad now as well.
I gave up on NHS as they only could propose operation ( lateral release and smoothing of cartilage ).
I have began massage with "the stick" and recently with grid foam roller which gets me through the day.

I have some questions, and I hope you can help me to understand:
- I've noticed I have loose patella in left knee, it wasn't like that last year, what does it mean?
- When I use roller and the stick to massage patella seems to be more tight, is this good or I'm cancelling what my body to help itself?
- I observe muscle spasm I think, it's when they are firing on their own and "pulsate", what does it mean?

Thanks for any advice.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:10:10 PM by sobol »

support