Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Partial Knee dislocation?  (Read 540 times)

Offline velcrochicken

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Partial Knee dislocation?
« on: October 08, 2014, 01:33:49 AM »
Hi all,

A couple days ago I felt like my knee on the outside part dislocated. It was extremely painful but I managed to straighten my knee and felt a "clunk" as it went back in. It did not feel like my knee cap but rather the actual knee joint?

I could walk around afterwards with only minor pain around the "lcl" region. It was a little worse the next day and is still sore but I can walk fine today.

The pain is mostly on the lateral side.
This happened as I was turning over laying on the floor and has happened twice before years ago.

The DR assumed it was my kneecap but I don't think so. Is it possibly my actual knee joint came out of place partially so easily? Should I try and do anything about this? It has me scared to death!

Offline Fiba

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Partial Knee dislocation?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 01:10:46 AM »
Hi all,

A couple days ago I felt like my knee on the outside part dislocated. It was extremely painful but I managed to straighten my knee and felt a "clunk" as it went back in. It did not feel like my knee cap but rather the actual knee joint?

I could walk around afterwards with only minor pain around the "lcl" region. It was a little worse the next day and is still sore but I can walk fine today.

The pain is mostly on the lateral side.
This happened as I was turning over laying on the floor and has happened twice before years ago.

The DR assumed it was my kneecap but I don't think so. Is it possibly my actual knee joint came out of place partially so easily? Should I try and do anything about this? It has me scared to death!

see a physiotherapist or ask the doctor to give that recommendation.

maybe try strengthing the vmo muscle to avoid dislocation. I hear it helps,

support