Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Post ACL knee locking  (Read 620 times)

Offline anan54321

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post ACL knee locking
« on: October 07, 2014, 04:42:16 PM »
Hai
I underwent ACL on Jan 2013. Now I am comfortable in jogging and also comfortable in long distance running. I stopped sprinting and playing after surgery. The problem is at one particular angle knee is getting locked ( exactly when I bend my knee and doing lateral movement). Then it pains as usual and once I stretch my leg completely by tolerating the pain every thing becomes normal. This happens once in two or three months. Please explain me what is the problem and no doctor is giving confident answer. I got confused.  Please help me.

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
Re: Post ACL knee locking
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 03:11:31 PM »
Hi anan54321:  Have you had x-rays or MRI?   I had a similar problem about a 1 1/2 years ago except that the problem was when I extended my knee for too long.   It would take 2-3 minutes for me to be able to stand on it or bend it.   Then it would all come back.  I had an MRI and the surgeon said it was possibly a meniscus tear but didn't show since I already had menisectomy on that knee and a ligament strain.   Maybe a low grade ACL tear.  I didn't want surgery so I did some PT and seemed to help after a few months.   I get cortisone injections and synvisc injections for osteoarthritis and I believe that helps as well.   If you can,  I would get an MRI.  My MRI was more or less inconclusive because of previous surgery to the meniscus.   It did show a problem with the ACL and getting the PT seemed to be the way to go.   Best of Luck,  LAS