Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee "Crunching" Again 5 Weeks Post Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy & Arthroscopy  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Nawsikik

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I'm 19 years old and am an MMA fighter.  I had a Tibial Tubercle Osteotomy 5 1/2 weeks ago because of severe patella alta.  My surgeon moved my tibial tubercle about 1 cm down and a little bit medially.  He also scoped both sides of my knee just to "clean up" the already damaged cartilage from my maltracking patella.  My rehab and recovery has been a breeze so far and I was very happy with my result until the start of week 5.  It seems that after I started to do active knee extension in therapy, that grinding/crunching feeling I had from the damaged cartilage came back.  I didn't have any friction at all up until that point, and it felt amazing.  My therapist tells me that the grinding is likely just because my leg still isn't back to a sufficient strength level and my kneecap isn't quite tracking correctly as a result.  Or is it because my surgeon maybe missed some fibers of damaged cartilage?  I'm just wondering if anybody has had this combination of surgeries before or if this may just be something that happens when you get an arthroscopy along with another knee surgery that causes atrophy.  Any comments would be much appreciated, thanks.

Offline neos2300

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hey Nawsikik, i know this is late but how are you holding up now? Has your body adapted to the new alignment yet? I had the same surgery and im currently 6months post op and are experiencing the same issues that you have described