Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: pretty bad knee pain for 7 months with no explanation  (Read 759 times)

Offline benjaminkim

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
pretty bad knee pain for 7 months with no explanation
« on: September 09, 2014, 06:27:53 AM »
I fell 15 ft to flat 7 months ago. My right knee was in extreme pain afterwards, swelled up like crazy the next day. Was on crutches for a month and finally had an MRI. The results of the MRI were confusing. The radiologist said no injuries and the knee was healthy. How is that possible? They gave me the images and i can see the ACL and PCL. Today my knee clicks and has moderate pain for the past 6 months?

Offline LAS

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 11
Re: pretty bad knee pain for 7 months with no explanation
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 04:33:43 AM »
Hi benjaminkim:   Doesn't sound right sounds crazy.  You were on crutches for a month.  Falling from that height I can't imagine you not getting a knee injury.  Clicking and moderate pain could mean you have a torn meniscus.   Not everything shows up on MRI imaging.   It's usually pretty accurate but not always.  I don't know how easy this is for you but I would get another opinion.  Seven months is a long time to have pain and maybe you are causing more damage by not getting yourself accurately diagnosed.  Your right how can that be.  Trust your own judgment.    Best of Luck.   LAS

support